of Thee I Sing


I found this book at Gramedia PIM yesterday. A book written by US President Mr. Barack Obama but he wrote this book long before he became a president. It's a beautiful letter for his daughters with a wonderful message. I am really impressed with the book and also its amazing illustration. Actually this is a children book but it seems that my daughters, Najla and Zea have not got the book's message yet, in fact their mom is more excited:)

Check the excerpt of the book below:

Have I told you lately how wonderful you are?
How the sound of your feet running from afar brings dancing rhythms to my day?
How you laugh and sunshine spills into the room

Have I told you that you are creative?
Have I told you that you are smart?
Have I told you that you are brave?
Have I told you that you are healer?
Have I told you that you are strong?
Have I told you how important it is to honor others' sacrifices?
Have I told you that you are kind?
Have I told you that you don't give up?
Have I told you that you are en explorer?
Have I told you that you are inspiring?
Have I told you that you are part of the family?
Have I told you to be proud to be American?
Have I told you that America is made up of people of every kind?

Have I told you that they are all a part of you?
Have I told you that you are one of them,
and you are the future
And have I told you that I love you?

PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama has published the bilingual edition of this book (English-Indonesia) on June 2011.

0 comments: