Semarang, The Little Netherland #1


We didn't realise  we were making memories
We just knew we were having fun.

Destination: Umbul Sidomukti, Pondok Kopi & Masjid Agung Jawa Tengah

This Semarang trip was kind of a sudden idea. Our family is really not into crazy crowd therefore we always stay home on new year's eve. Lucky us, last week people already got back to their works and kids were back to school so..yes, it's a perfect time to just enjoy our holiday peacefully.   

I love old and historical buildings and I never thought that Semarang has LOTS of grand historical buildings in many places. God. However the maintenance is not so good though but the guide at Lawang Sewu, Pak Aris, told me that the recent government seems to care more for these cultural heritage.

I really hope that when I go back to this city, Semarang has changed into the little Netherland just like what's stated in my daughters' t'shirts.  

0 comments: