Dance Dance Dance


Haruki Murakami again. The 12th book that I've read so far, still have 3 more books to finish. Enjoyable story as usual. This book is a continuation of another Murakami's A Wild Sheep Chase. Similar characters appear again in this book, i.e: the Sheep Man, the Rat, and Kiki. Yet, it's still okay to read this book only without reading Wild Sheep.

But, compared to Wild Sheep, Dance is a lot more exciting. There's romance, detective story, funny and weird things, all packed in a special way.

It's a story about a 34-yr-old guy (Murakami didn't even bother to give name to the lead character) who looks for his vanished girlfriend, Kiki. In his quest, he comes across certain weird or should I say 'unique' people, such as: Gotanda, a well known actor who used to be his classmate in high school, Yuki, a 13-yr-old girl who is abandoned by her parents, and Yumiyoshi, a hotel receptionist who finally has special relationship with the lead character.

These 4 characters meet, involve, influence and end up with unpredictable ending. A complex story but..I love it, though.

4 comments:

alaya June 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

i love dance dance dance too :)

i'm reading murakami's hard-boiled wonderland and the end of the world. did you read this one? it's weird and i'm not sure i can finish reading it :(

najlazea June 29, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

"Hard Boiled.." is still in my bookshelf, is it that weird? If you said so, I'm afraid I won't be able to finish it either....:p

echy July 4, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

so..you've read 12 books of murakami so far? owww..please...u make me shrink...:D

najlazea July 6, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Ah...echy, it's only 12 books of murakami, but I'm sure you've read other author's books a lot more than me....:))