Jakarta Kafe

Title: Jakarta Kafe
Author: Tatyana
Publisher: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Publication Date: April 2013
296 pages

A friend lent me this book. She said I am going to like it. Well..let me find out then. This is a short stories collection consists of 25 stories. The scene is in Jakarta (yep..the title says so) but not all happens in a cafe. But soon I drown into the book I just found my self (as if) sitting in the cafe, sipping my hot chocolate and observing people around me.

The book actually tells about everyday stories in Jakarta, about the single parent, love affair, neighbour, friendship, gossip, reunion, cafe's customers, etc. They are simple stories but the author knew how to turn these stories into awesome stories. Some stories seems very short and leaves us with 'unfinished' feeling but I guess it's just the author's style to keep the readers curious and stick to the stories till the end. And I did. I read all of them and had a good time.

Some of the stories in the book had been published in 2004 under the same title while some others also had been parts of Single Mom's Day Out (Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2005) and  Vinyet (Grasindo, 2006).

7 comments:

Unknown March 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM  

Thankyou for reading Tatyana :D

Tjut Riana March 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM  

@tatyana: hey the author is here..thanks for dropping by :))

Unknown March 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM  

Glad you enjoy it as much as I am :):)
Will bring the other one on our next coffee date ya...

-rina-

riana March 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM  

@rina: what...you still have another one? lets meet up soon then :))

Unknown March 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM  

Yes yes..breakfast or brunch? :D

riana March 27, 2014 at 5:23 PM  

@rina: is it possible both...started with breakfast and continued with lunch? *pengen temennya dipecat* hehe...

Unknown April 2, 2014 at 1:51 PM  

everything is possible la...aturable...#pengendipecatbiardapetpaket wkwkwkwkwk
kapan?? next week selain senin and kamis aku masih open..