An Old Man & A Birthday

Last night, on my way home, on angkot, I met this old man, he was about 65-70 years old, look very tired. There were only me & him, since my home is in pelosok a.k.a village, no wonder why other passengers had already got this angkot off while me still had to stay in it. We both kept quiet, busy with our own minds.

Time passed by, my home was getting near and I was ready to get off the angkot, suddenly this old guy took his cell phone out of his pocket and the conversation started like this:
The old man : "Hallo Aan, this is Bapak, I am alone, your mother is sick, I am already close to your home, it's about 15-20 minutes more. How are you? Is everything ok? Well, Aan, happy birthday."

It's only a very short conversation, but I didn't know I just felt really touching by this man's words. He traveled so far just to visit his son on his birthday, how sweet.

Well, parents, they never change, even if we have already reached maturity phase (a.k.a uzur bow!!!), they still treat us as their small children. Perhaps, it's just the nature of being parents. We can't stop thinking about our children, protecting them, caring for them, and all in all children are everything.

As a mother of two daughters, I can feel it. I want to get involved in all important moments in my daughters life and wish them all the best.

Dedicated to my lovely parents, I am lucky to have you both, thanks for everything.

0 comments: