Slumdog Millionaire

First, I was attracted by the book "Q & A", written by Vikas Swarup (see my review here). When I heard that this book already adapted into a movie, I couldn't stand it. I sneaked out during lunchtime (again!) and watched it at Blitz GI.

The story is not quite the same as the book, there's modification here and there, but it's still entertaining. It's about Jamal Malik, an 18-yr-old-orphan from the slum of Mumbai, winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's "Who Wants To be A Millionaire?". But the police arrest him on suspicion of cheating; how could a street kid know so much? Desperate to prove his innocence, Jamal tells the story of his life in the slum, revealing where he learned the answers to the show's seemingly impossible quizzes.

This movie is Blitz exclusive movie. So you can only watch it at Blitz. Bravo to Blitz that already play a lot of great movies.

0 comments: