Sputnik Sweetheart


The more I read Haruki Murakami's books, the more I fall in love with his writing. Like this one, check its opening lines: "In the spring of her twenty-second-year,Sumire fell in love for the first time in her life....... The person she fell in love with happened to be seventeen years older than Sumire. And was married. And I should add, was a woman. This is where it all began, and where it all wound up. Almost"

See, how could I leave this kind of story. I couldn't even put it down before I finished the whole story. There's romance here, weird things as usual, all packed in a perfect combination.

It's a story of a college student, identified as "K", falls in love with his classmate, Sumire ('Violet' in Japanese), while Sumire falls in love with Miu, an older woman, and much more sophisticated businesswoman. When Sumire disappears from an island in Greece, K joins Miu and trying their best to find Sumire.

A love story mixed with a detective story, obviously entertaining. Still couldn't get this story out of my mind even after sometime.

0 comments: