What The Dead Know


In the old days, I used to be a huge fan of criminal fiction books. I was familiar with Agatha Christie and Marry Higgins Clark books. From time to time, my interest to criminal fiction books was getting less, I didn't know. I didn't feel they are interesting anymore. I found new genres, about love, family relationship, weird things and others but criminal books and I enjoy them more.

I bought this Laura Lippman's book by accident. Curious about the synopsis, so many prizes awarded to the writer, plus 30% discount at the time Gramedia bookstore at Grandy launched. It turned out that I didn't enjoy this book. I am not too crazy about guessing the murderer anymore, the reason behind the criminal act and stuff like that.

The story itself is actually good enough. About 2 sisters who suddenly disappeared in a shopping mall one afternoon. No dead body found. No murderer arrested. They're just gone. After 30 years, a woman showed up and declared herself as one of the missing girl. The detectives, the psychologist, the lawyers, all works hard to investigate this case and found out the truth.

This book already translated into Bahasa Indonesia by Penerbit Edelweiss.

0 comments: