A Big Leap

Welcoming April with a big smile, great happiness and blessed feeling. So many things have happened. Some big decisions have been made. Now, I am ready to face a totally new life.

Yes, after 14 years experiencing the status as a career woman and in the past 9 years spent my time in a Japanese company, finally I made up my mind to leave it all behind and started a new career at home. Of course, this is not a kind-of-one-night-made-decision. This decision was made after passing a lot of deep thoughts, discussions again and again with my hubby, and the most important things were asking my self, what's exactly my goals in life and was this career my real dream?

At the end of the long thinking process, I came out with the facts that I didn't enjoy my job anymore, I felt trapped with this strict working hours and all the meetings, reporting, deadline, etc. I just couldn't stand it anymore. I want to do things that I like. Spend quality time with my family. To reach those goals means I have to resign from my current job and then I can be a stay-at-home-mom aka a full-time-mom. What a beautiful dream.

I remember a line that said, "If you want to start a totally new thing in life, do it before you get 40, get out of what you do now, otherwise you will drown with it and feel sorry for the rest of your life."

I am 37 now (tssahhh, I'm old), therefore I decide to do it now. Okay, my original plan's been set at last.

Out of the blue, an old friend who owns a small law firm asked me to assist him in completing a project. While finishing the assigned job, he furthermore offered me to join his firm with flexible working hours. Unbelievable. Now, I do things that I enjoy, manage my time on my own and last but not least, I get paid for that. What more could I ask? It's true, good things come to those who wait. I am really grateful with all these sudden occasions. I feel as the luckiest person in the whole world. Thank you, Lord.

PS: I am ready for my special me-time. I'll have first vacation without my hubby and little girls. Just a short trip, but I feel soooooo excited. First experience is always a magical moment.

5 comments:

Ariza April 5, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

you are the luckiest person in the world mba, yes you are :).
And i want to be like you, one day!

Eneng April 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Hi Itjut... just vissiting your blog and...wooooo...buku semua, nek !

never knew that you are that book-freak... hehehe...

anyway, congratulation for your BIG DECISION !!! 'm sure it's quite big since I myself cant imagine doing the same thing ...hehe..

sukses terus ya Booo...

riana April 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

@Icha: Thx dear, I wish you all the greatest things in life since you really are a great person indeed...:)

@Eneng: Haiiii...akhirnya mampir jg si ibu eneng, hehe...thx ya, menurut andy noya (host kick andy), lentera jiwa org kan beda2, mungkin lentera jiwa lo memang menjadi wanita karir, as long as you enjoy it, nothing's wrong about that, wish you & fam all the best....:D

kiky April 17, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

he eh? since your baby the same age as mine I thought you were my age. should I call you with "kak"? :p
*I'm from Sumatra as well, don't really like it when people called me "mbak" :))

anyway, Congratulation! I think you made a very bright decision.

join me in to the same graduate school perhaps? :p.

riana April 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

@Kiky: Just call my name, I feel soooo old if called by mbak, kak, or bu....:D

Join to post graduate school? Uhm...I guess not now, I can't stand the test, exams, quiz, assignments, etc *pemales mode on* hehe....

Thanks anyway, wish you success on your study & all...