Muallaf (The Convert)


It is in forgiving that we are forgiven

Finally, I got the opportunity to watch Yasmin Ahmad's movie. It's so difficult to get her DVDs.
Muallaf is a story about 2 Malaysian sisters, Rohani and Rohana, who run away from home to escape their wealthy father's mistreatment. They finally stay in a small town where they meet Brian Goh, a young Catholic School teacher. Brian is irresistibly attracted to the 2 girls since Brian also has a childhood bad experience that haunting him until now.

Through the wanderings of 3 lost souls, they celebrate friendship, forgiveness and the coming to terms with the past.

Wow.....I love the movie wholeheartedly. I guess, I need to find Yasmin Ahmad other movies, i.e. the DVD of Orked Trilogy (Sepet, Gubra, Mukhsin), do you know where to buy them? Anyone?

6 comments:

kiky April 17, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Riana..!!!! I HOLD MY BREATH WHILE READING THIS!!!!
where did you get the DVD? can I borrow it please...?
gee...I'm dying to see this movie *and Sepet,and Talent Time as well*
please...promise I'll return to you with in 3 days max. I'll convert to my IPOD first :p

riana April 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

@Kiky: Hohoho....another Yasmin Ahmad fan, I found the DVD by chance at a small DVD shop in VivoCity Spore. Sure you do, you may borrow it, I'll email you my address, so you could send your courier to get the DVD.

riana April 18, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

@Kiky: So sorry, I couldn't find your e-mail in your blog, my e-mail: tjut_riana@yahoo.com

alaya April 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

i got her dvds in KL. they have all of her movies there.

but you can watch sepet in youtube :p

riana April 21, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

@alaya: thx for the info. btw what's happened to your blog, I couldn't access it?....

alaya May 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

my blog was broken :(
but i'm back now :) the blog is still a bit mess up but i started posting.