Ciao Italia


I believe there is always a blessing in disguise for everything. Just like the condition now, after economic crisis hit US, almost all companies in the world, including in Indonesia get the impact. Also my company, although the impact just a tiny one, but…still the business is slow down. Me as the supporting unit in the office feels that we are not as busy as usual. This condition leads me to have more spare time. Meaning I could read more and post reviews more often in my blog. Yippie….

This time I review a book written by Gama Harjono who fell in love with Italy and had a dream to stay there for a certain period. People said, just dare to dream. It’s true, Gama made it through at last.

As the first preparation, he learnt the Italy language within 1, 5 years, the objective was, he did not want to speak English there. Why on earth did he fly so far away to Italy and still speak English?

Next, he planned to go there, but not as a tourist. He wanted to live his life as an Italian for one year. He wanted to make friends there, to learn the culture. Yup….the choice was to become a college student. He studied at Perugia University in Umbria.

The adventure began. Aside from his study, Gama experienced many great things. Having parties with his friends. Camping in a small village. Sighseeing around the big cities and also the small villages, checking the museums, galleries, trying the gondolas, and many other things that really made me envy him so much, arrrrgh….

This book is really rich. A lot of info in here. Sometimes I feel that they are too many that make me a bit overwhelmed. Imagine, there are info on great places to visit, good foods (even there are some recipes written by the author), backpacking tips, how to get free accomodation in Europe, how to get a nice hostel and cheap food. All wrapp up completely here.

I myself actually fell in love with Italy when I read “Eat, Pray, Love”. Elizabeth Gilbert, the writer lived 4 months in Italy and like Gama did, she also got friendly experiences there. Well….don’t blame me if my desire is getting more and more to go there. Again, dare to dream, who knows my wish comes true…very soon.

2 comments:

CIAO ITALIA! November 4, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Buongiorrrno

makasih banget lho komennya, reviewnya dan apresiasinya.

italia emang negeri penuh cerita, harapan dan keputusasaan. hehe suatu ketika kamu pasti mengalaminya...

ttg percetakan/penjilidan yang tidak sempurna, makasih feedbacknya. walaupun aku nggak terlibat proses cetak, tapi aku udah forward ke penerbit. o yah, kamu bisa minta tukar kok ke toko buku dengan menunjukkan halaman yang diulang/longkap.



ciaooooooo
Gama

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

wah...mas gama mampir ke sini,thanks, ditunggu buku2 selanjutnya.