The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo


It's been such a long time, I have never enjoyed a criminal book this much. Yup, this book written by Stieg Larsson, a Sweden author and journalist, really impressed me a lot. I couldn't put it down. I glued to it till late at night.

This book is the 1st book of the Millenium Trilogy, a story about a long lost girl --40 years a go-- of the wealthy family in Sweden, Harriet Vanger. Her uncle, Henrik Vanger is still curious about the case, he assigns Mikael Blomkvist, an investigative journalist and also the owner of Millenium magazine, to do the investigation of Harriet's case since he's sure that the murderer is one of the Vanger's family member.

This book will take you around Sweden and its cities. It's packed suspense, criminal and financial case in a very smart way. I love the lead character, Blomkvist and also his partner, a very genius girl, Lisbeth Salander. I can't wait for the 2nd book "The Girl Who Played With Fire".

Already adapted into movie in Sweden and received many awards. A very recommended book, already translated in bahasa by Qanita on July 2009.

3 comments:

Ariza October 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

i surely will buy this book, mba! Your writing makes me want to :D

Ariza October 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

i surely will buy this book, mba! Your writing makes me want to :D

riana October 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

@ Icha: I'm sure you'll love the book & won't feel sorry to buy it. Enjoy the reading.