The Smurfs


There is a place.
A place that knows no sadness, when even feeling blue is a happy thing.
A place inhabited by little blue beings three apples high.

La la la la la la... sing a happy song
La la la la la la ....smurf the whole day long

Look at this little blue creature, the Smurf. I am a huge fan of Smurf. I read and kept all their comic strip when I was still in my elementary school. This comic strip was drawn by Peyo, a Belgian comic artist. Beside Smurf, I also love other Peyo's work which was Johan and Peewit (Indonesian version was Johan & Pirlouit). I remembered at that time (during 80s) all Peyo's works were translated and published by Penerbit Aya Media Pustaka. I still keep some of the comics though:)

Now we can see these cute smurfs in a 3D movie. This time the smurfs are being chased out of their village by the evil wizard Gargamel. They run away and finally stumble upon New York City.

I watched the movie last weekend with my little girls. For me it's just adorable to see my childhood favorite character in the movie. While Najla tried to learn the character, Zea seemed not too enthusiastic, I guess for her, Barbie is still the best :D

2 comments:

ferina October 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

whooaaa... me too... i'm a big fan too...
dulu suka termimpi2 sama smurf... berharap beneran ada... :)

riana October 21, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

@ferina: hehe...samaan ya, mereka mereka too smurf too be true :D